Monday, March 15, 2010

Sick Mick

It only took one day in daycare for Mick to get sick. That has to be a record. His official school Poop Record for last Monday listed hourly diaper changes starting at 3:30 in the afternoon but since you could usually build a bomb shelter with his Lincoln logs, I assumed they were mistaken. But you know what happens when you assume... your son gets crazy diarrhea.

There is no need to elaborate on that situation, for obvious reasons, but let's just say I won't be eating French's fancy yellow mustard or large-curd cottage cheese again any time soon.

Tuesday night marked baby's first barf session. I'm commemorating the occasion with a plaque.

As the illness persisted, I took Mick to the doctor Thursday night. I was assured it was viral, self-limiting and most likely a daycare bug. Yes, it happened that fast.

And it, quite possibly, is the Rotavirus that (most kids) get vaccinated against but our kid didn't because they don't give it in Ireland and by the time I took him for his shots here he was too old to start that one and I am a terrible mother and I didn't register to vote when I turned 18 and I haven't flossed my teeth in over a week.

Now though, one week later, Mickey Boy appears to be getting better. His situation is improving, so to speak (I will be avoiding split pea soup for a while). I hope to be sending him back to school tomorrow to see what he can pick up this week. Of course, now that some of the other family members have begun cooking up some hot and spicy trouser chili of their own, I may be missing a few more days of work this week. Alas.

Here are some pictures from our visit to the doctor's office. We just LOVE our pediatrician.






1 comment:

Myr - Sunglasses said...

This looks so beautiful. Very nicely done. I love this.Thanks.