Friday, May 30, 2008

What a Sham

Tricks I thought Katie could do:

Turns out Katie might not be the super smartest baby as I've led you to believe. Yeah sure, she is great for parlor tricks, don't get me wrong, but you can't allow for audience participation or the whole room will see the man behind the curtain.

For example, if you were to ask "Where is Katie?" you will get the correct answer every time.

However, when asked "Where is Mommy?" the cracks begin to show...

Ask then, "Where is Daddy?" and the truth is painfully obvious. She is like soo self-involved!

When I talk to my mom, I always put the phone to Katie's ear so Grandma can say hi. So the other day, when I said "where is grandma?" she picked up the phone and put it to her ear. Brilliant!
But, this was today...
(that is the remote control)

And now never you mind about the mess in the background or the little boy outfit I have her in. The maid is off today and this is her super most comfiest coziest lounge wear and she had no idea she would be on camera today. (although what day ISN'T she on camera?)

If you ask Katie what does a monkey say? You will hear " ack, ack, ack, ack" (you try to spell the phonetics of a one-year old). And she does sound like a little monkey, at least like the little monkey doll that we have. If you press her further, however, you will find that the kitty cat, the doggie and a birdie all sound like Mr Monkey.

One day we saw her doing this trick:

And I thought, "hell yeah" my girl can dress herself from now on.

Then she pulled this little number:

Then again, there may be hope for her yet...


Moving on now to...

Tricks I know Katie can do

An homage to Joni Mitchell, Katie shows us how she can look at life "from both sides now"







And as always an avid yoga participant, Katie shows us the 'sniffing booty blossom' pose. Though perhaps not common in the States, this move is indeed all the rage here in Ireland.



Now THIS is the real thing. Our Katie is really growing up! And doing some standing to prove it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Katie, we love your pose. You will be able to show Esme how its done when we see you in a few weeks.

Debbie said...

Love Katie's tricks. And the lounge wear is SO trendy. That's all I ever wear anymore :-)

Georgie said...

She is soooooo beautiful! Can't wait to squeeze her again. Kiss her for me! :-)